Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Black Plastic Jeebus Solves Everything


Oh, Betty Cracker: We are not worthy.

I don’t care if it rains or freezes
Long as I got my plastic Jesus
Sitting on the dashboard of my car
--American folk song

When progressives (and I count myself among them) grow weary of the halting, incremental pace of change under the Obama Administration, hard choices have to be made:

1. We can curl up into a whimpering ball.
2. We can form alliances with wingnut assholes and engage in symbolic, counterproductive fist-shaking.
3. We can shake our heads at the rampant ignorance and stupidity that make anything but half measures nearly impossible and do our part to move things along.

I favor number 3 myself, with a side order of ineffectual bitching. But I admit it’s not all that emotional satisfying.

That’s why Plastic Black Jeebus comes in handy when incrementalism simply isn’t enough. See him take on arch-villains below the fold!

Click here to see the action shots that will warm the cockles of your liberal heart.

No comments: