Monday, February 16, 2015

AynRandy's Disturbing World, Internet Edition

Now the Tribble-Toupeed One is is defending Cable Company Fuckery against an open, level-field Internet.


Digby:
Whenever there's a choice to be made between Big Money being "free" to keep every last penny they touch and average people having the opportunity and the freedom to live a decent life, you know what he will choose. To the libertarian, abstract notions of liberty really just come down to property. That's all there is. That's why the words "parents own the children" trips so easily off of Paul's tongue. He literally can't see the world in any other way.
SNIP

I'm sorry Rand. I'm a hard core civil libertarian but I seriously doubt I'm ever going to join a "leave me alone" coalition that tells half the population they have a right to private ownership of everything but their own body. That just doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Neither am I a big fan of letting people die in the street. Just not my thing. But hey, I'm happy to exhort Democrats to join with Senator Paul any time he wants to co-sponsor legislation we can both agree upon. That's downright democratic.

No comments: