Thursday, August 13, 2009

Bad Endorsement

Got a hit on the site from a Google search for "brook parker kentucky" today. Gee, what could have happened recently in the news that would make someone search for that particular combination of words?

Media Czech asked if Miller's endorsement of Conway would sway anyone who wasn't already behind Conway.

I don't know, but it's about to make this Conway supporter vomit. The only reason I'm not writing a check to Mongiardo right now this minute is because it's - Mongiardo.

Miller is a scumbag, and yeah, MC, I supported him in the '07 primary, too. And I thought it was appropriate that Beshear reward Miller for handing him the primary by appointing Miller state party chair and then Secretary of the Finance Cabinet (which, btw, pays way more than being governor does.)

But once the truth came out that Miller had apparently broken the law regarding promotion and salary increases of merit employees, and Beshear refused to to fire his ass, I knew then that Beshear's administration was doomed, just one month into office. I wrote so at the time, too.

And waddayaknow, everything that's happened since has proven me right.

Conway should have refused Miller's endorsement. It gains him nothing and only makes Conway look bad to us dwindling number of idealistic lefties who actually give a flying fuck about ethics in public service.

Conway is goddamned lucky his opponent is the lying, gay-bashing, corporate stooge Mongiardo, because that means the cowardly apology for cussin' at Fancy Farm was Strike One, and the Miller endorsement is only Strike Two.

Nothing short of Andrew Horne entering the race could stop me from voting for Conway, but right now I don't see me writing another check anytime soon.

No comments: