Sunday, April 4, 2010

Can't quite put my finger on it ....

Zandar, guest-posting at No More Mister Nice Blog, expertly deconstructs the motivation behind Obama-hating Democrats.

CNN helpfully reminds us that there are "lifelong" Democrats out there who are joining the Tea Party movement.

SNIP

(Lifelong Democrat voted for) McGovern, Carter, Gore, ran as a Dem...but didn't vote for Obama in 2008. Maybe I'm missing something profound here, but if you've been checking the D box for a good 30 plus years and then George W. Bush shows up and completely wrecks the country on top of that, what in your right mind would cause you to not vote for Obama?

SNIP

And I'm just shaking my head. Because on top of all this, you go to the Tea Parties and proclaim that the problem here over the last 35 years is one Barack Obama.

I'm searching for that profundity, that great insight into why you would arrive at this. I'm not seeing the logic here at all. And that deeply saddens me, because what I do see is the obvious difference between Obama and all 43 of his Presidential predecessors, and I'm really hoping that's not the reason we have "lifelong" Democrats voting against Obama.

But logically, there's just not much else left, is there?

Read the whole thing.

1 comment:

mud_rake said...

Double-digit IQ's are 'color' sensitive, don't you know.

Speaking of double-digit Tea Drinkers, they need to attend remedial spelling classes:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/pargon/sets/72157623594187379/