Thursday, June 24, 2010

"Of pots, kettles and degrees of blackness thereof"

From our good friend Blue Girl at They Gave Us A Republic ...., because I could not say it better:

I wanted to get back to something from last night's roundup that didn't shock me nearloy as much as you would think...the fellow from Raytown, MO - just a few miles from me - who put the semi-trailer out in his field with the "Democrats - party of parasites" message painted on the side for oncoming traffic to see is, shall we say, engaging in the dark conservative art of projection.

Someone saw it and got outraged and torched the damned thing.

Then the news broke yesterday that David Jungerman, the man who owns the land and the trailer, has received over $1.1 million in farm subsidies since 1995 - and somehow feels like he is more entitled to that money than a single mother is to $500 in food stamps per month to keep her kids well-nourished, healthy and less likely to cost society a lot of money down the road.

What Mr. Jungerman didn't say - because he didn't have to - is that Democrats are the party of minorities and the poor - the "parasites" of society in the Randian worldview. He, of course, feels entitled to farm subsidies because “That’s just my money coming back to me. I pay a lot in taxes. I'm not a parasite."

Hmmm. Let's do some math. If a person received $500 worth of food stamps for the last fifteen years, they would have consumed about $90,000 in government largess. That is a significantly smaller number than $1.1 million, less than 10%, in fact. So would the real parasite please stand up? Because I will guaran-damn-tee you that the parasitic, racist old fuck hasn't paid in anywhere close to $1.1 million in taxes.

No comments: