Sunday, July 5, 2009

The Left is Not Backing Off: Not Now, Not Ever

I can't speak for Move On, Democracy for America, Service Employees International Union or even the Left Side of the Kentucky Blogosphere, but in response to President Obama's request that the Left stop pressuring Senate Blue Dogs, I'll say this:

You ain't seen nothin' yet.

Because as President Obama should know better than anyone, it has never been more important that liberal Americans - online, offline and outaline - keep the pressure on all our elected officials to pass the liberal legislation: single-payer healthcare, sharp carbon reductions to stop global warming, EFCA to restore worker rights, tight regulations on the finance industry, massive infrastructure investment, and repealing DOMA and DADT.

That Obama had to whine out loud about the pressure being felt by Senate Blue Dogs who oppose the public option in health care reform proves the pressure is working and it's time to double down on it.

As I wrote in a comment yesterday:

Obama can't suggest, must less achieve, liberal policies and programs unless he gets support in the form of non-stop massive pressure from the left.

If we don't get the liberal legislation we want, it's OUR FAULT for not screaming bloody fucking murder every time Obama gives the repugs and Blue Dogs the time of day.

That means not only calling and writing the White House and signing petitions, but also calling and writing our own representatives and Senators, especially the Blue Dogs and repugs.

No, it might not change their vote, but it'll prevent them from truthfully claiming they didn't hear from their constituents.

Don't let any of them get away with saying: gee, if I'd known you felt that strongly about it ....

1 comment:

Engineer of Knowledge said...

I am an active moderate Republican in the Republican Party from the 1st district of Maryland (Neocons would call me a RINO) and I am here to say that I am right there with you. When I heard that Sarah Palin resigned....I was doing the happy dance. I am one who is working hard to expose and purge the fanatical right wing element that has taken over MY Republican Party. I write often about this on my blog also. Good Luck To Us All.