Via Barefoot and Progressive, a new Public Policy Poll has Jim Bunning losing to any random Democrat who shows up.
Political Wire got an advance look at a new Public Policy Polling survey in Kentucky that shows Sen. Jim Bunning (R-KY) with a 28% favorable rating as he attempts to run for a third term.
Bunning loses head-to-head match ups with all four Democrats considering a run against him: Kentucky Lt. Gov. Daniel Mongiardo, Attorney General Jack Conway, state Auditor Crit Luallen and Rep. Ben Chandler.
Complete poll results will be released tomorrow.
As Media Czech notes, the cross-tabs will tell the story. In the meantime, some contradictory thoughts:
- Polls eighteen months out are bullshit.
- Nevertheless, I'm sure this one has repugs shitting their pants and taking contracts out on Jimbo.
- And making begging calls to Secretary of State Trey Grayson, who is way too smart to believe early polls, but who might have an ego susceptible to national repugs calling him savior.
- Bullshit regardless, tomorrow we'll see Dan Mongiardo strutting around like cock-of-the-walk, nevermind that his first-quarter fundraising leaves him $180,000 still in debt.
- Which strutting might possibly be annoying enough to get Hamlet Conway off his pretty ass and into the race.
Oh, yeah. Crit Luallen and Ben Chandler are not considering, never have considered, and never will consider running for Bunning's Senate seat next year.
Cross-posted at They Gave Us A Republic ....