Sunday, December 16, 2012

Where's My Atheist License Plate?

From Zandar:

A federal judge has ruled that North Carolina's new "Choose Life" license plates are unconstitutional without the state making a pro-choice alternative available.

Kentucky has more than 90 specialty plates available advertizing everything from chiropractors to Murray State University and including the infamous "choose life" plate. It makes me want to ask them what it means, and when they say "anti-abortion," I would respond "abortion IS choosing life - the life of the only actual human being involved."

But I think a "pro-choice" license plate is a waste of time.  Unless you're willing to ovary the fuck up and demand a plate reading "Abortion on Demand," let's just cut to the chase: Annoying Freakazoids.

Kentucky, to its everlasting shame, two years ago approved an "In God We Trust" license plate.  This supposedly passes constitutional muster because that disgusting phrase was declared our "national motto" by a bunch of pathetic closet cases shitting their pants over communism back in 1954. That's how they also got it classified as a regular license plate, so atheist taxpayers like me have to bear the cost so freakazoids can get them at the regular price.

So, in the light of the North Carolina ruling, I want my atheist license plate, and I want it to read:

Stupid from religion is no way to go through life.

I also note that there's a "Friends of Coal" license plate but no "Friends of Sol" license plate. Just sayin'.

No comments: