Friday, March 24, 2017

Stop Coddling the Deplorables

For a start, stop listening to earnest "training" on how to talk to trumpies about the Affordable Care Act.  You're wasting your time training and your breath trying to overcome deplorableness with facts and numbers.

They know Obamacare is the worst because that nigger in the white house invented it, even though they themselves have had their lives saved because of it.

No matter what happens to Obamacare in Congress, trumpies will always and forever blame Obama for everything, because that's the only way they can justify their pathetic, racist lives.


But I do know that as a citizen and a woman I remain deeply, deeply offended by Trump's voters and the way they behaved during the campaign. I find it hard to see why their economic anxiety, if they really have it, excuses the despicable, gross way they acted and the way they cheered that twisted piece of work we call a president. It was indecent. 
I'm all for policies that will help those people economically. I always have been. Far more, by the way, than the libertarians and the conservatives have ever been. I would never vote against the economic interests of the working class. But I don't think I have an obligation to give them a pass for their deplorable beliefs at the same time. Everyone has certain lines they cannot cross. Coddling racist, misogynist, xenophobes is my line. They are not children. They are adults who have agency. 
As far as electoral strategy, this is how I feel about that.

.

No comments: