Tuesday, May 20, 2014

The Bar Judge Heyburn Must Clear

Kentucky's judicial honor is at stake.

PZ Myers:

Where will this all lead? I know that many suggest we are going down a slippery slope that will have no moral boundaries. To those who truly harbor such fears, I can only say this: Let us look less to the sky to see what might fall; rather, let us look to each other…and rise.
That’s the concluding paragraph to the federal judge’s decision that the same sex marriage ban in Oregon must be struck down. I’m glad to see this happening all across the country — the rights of the minority should not be subject to majority vote.

2 comments:

Luke said...

As one of the four couples demanding marriage equality, why is Kentucky always last. We have a 45 year relationship, and were married 5 years ago when marriage was legalized in Iowa. I pay taxes like I'm expected to do, but we are treated as second class citizens. What do you care how I live my life, it is my life!

Yellow Dog said...

You have more supporters than you know. I am sure Heyburn is going to rule in your favor this summer. I wouldn't be surprised if he's so pissed at the insulting appeal by Beshear that he declares the anti-gay amendment unconstitutional too, and legalizes gay marriage in Kentucky.