Friday, July 20, 2012

Best Dem to Beat McConnell Bows Out

Crit taking on Mitch was always a pipe dream, but now she's finally ruled it out.

Kenny Colston, KPR-Frankfort:

Former Auditor Crit Luallen says she will not challenge Republican U.S. Senator Mitch McConnell in 2014. Luallen has long been considered to be among the best-situated Democrats to unseat McConnell. She served two terms as auditor and many political observers credit her with raising the office's profile during her tenure. Luallen also served in former Governor Paul Patton's administration for several years. But the long-time public servant tells Kentucky Public Radio she will not enter the 2014 race.

“No, I’ve stated repeatedly in the last several months when I’ve been asked that the U.S. Senate race is not my interest. My real background experience, where I believe I can make the most difference is state policy and state leadership. So if I run again I’m looking toward the governor’s race," she says.

The governor's race is not until 2015, and the field for that one won't be clear until after the Democratic primary for Senate in May 2014.

Now, somebody talk Ben Chandler into challenging Mitch so Ben can lose by 50 points and then slink off to some no-show job at a wingnut think tank for traitorous dems so we can be rid of the worthless DINO for good.

No comments: