Monday, May 11, 2009

Jimbo to Mitch: I'm staying in, you fucker

Jim Bunning could not be bumfuzzling the GOP more effectively if the Democratic Senate Campaign Committee had written his script.

Saturday night, at the annual Lincoln Dinner, hundreds of Kentucky repugs expecting to hear Bunning drop out of the 2010 Senate race heard this instead:

"I am nobody's puppet. I am my own man," Bunning said during his remarks. "I hope and pray I can count on your support in the coming months. The battle is going to be long, but I am prepared to fight for my values. I hope you are with me."

Read the whole thing.

Media Czech is stockpiling popcorn.

The stubborn old man is staying in. Stay tuned for Fletcher vs. Northup, Part II, with an added dash of Paul Libertarians.

3 comments:

mud_rake said...

As a teen here in Toledo in th elate 50's, I'd listen to the Tigers games and be especially alert for the games with the Yankees. Jim Bunning would often 'kill' the Yanks with his adept pitching skills.

Too bad he didn't just hang up his jock and go gently into that good night.

Too bad for Kentucky; too bad for America.

One might ask- how the hell did a former baseball player rise to the U.S. Senate, but then, given the odd assortment in that sacred old clutch over the years, why not?

Of course, the Dems like Bunning and are silently urging him to go for another term. Too bad the citizens of KY have two assholes to represent them. We're down to just one, but he's leaving.

RichMiles said...

Having experienced a form of dementia last year, I can somewhat recognize the symptoms in others, and it's my unmedical opinion that Jimbo is suffering from a form of dementia. Part of my opinion is based on his apparent memory loss, but part of it is based on his belligerent attitude toward others, specifically the man who should be his biggest ally, McMitch. I think the boy is really mentally ill. Like I said, my opinion is not medical - but even at that, I stand pretty much by the opinion.

And as a consequence, he needs to be removed from office - legally, not suggesting any violence or anything - but he needs to go in any case.

Fortunately, the likelihood is great that he will either change his mind before November, or will do something so wacky and off-the-wall that even the head-in-the-sand KY repugnicans can't ignore him any longer.

One can only hope. Jim needs to retire and play golf for the rest of his years, however many there may be of them. What he does NOT need to be doing is taking any part in running this country.

In fact, we need to get ALL the mental deficients out of government - and Jimbo is a good start.

Jack Jodell said...

I'm with you, Rich. And more mental deficients I'd like to see leave government forever are Mitvh McConnell and Michele Bachmann!