Wednesday, December 6, 2017

But It's the Christians Who Are the Only Victims

I don't think this story accurately portrays how courageous this boy really is to endure the abuse that only freakazoids hiding behind the unconstitutional cover of governmental authority can dish out.Yo

Because yes, in Kentucky, taxpayer-supported public fucking schools are openly and blatantly forcing children to endure religious indoctrination.

Coming soon from a homophobic bakery to public facilities near you.

From the Herald:

Heather Estes says her son, fifth-grader Devin Estes, has been bullied by other students at Stanton Elementary in Powell County and has been given a hard time by teachers because he doesn’t believe in God and doesn’t attend a morning religious service at the school. 

“They run it like a Christian school,” Estes told the Herald-Leader. “They have this program called the Upper Room. When I first got the permission slip, I asked around: What is the Upper Room? Why would I have to sign for something that’s during school hours?

“It’s like a little Sunday School program that they have during school hours,” she said.

“I don’t think it’s fair that they bully me because I’m not religious or Christian,” Devin, 10, told the Herald-Leader. “Because I don’t bully them. I’m fine with them being Christian. But for some reason, they are not fine with me being atheist.”

“It makes me feel like a bad person,” he said in a video his mother made one morning at the assembly. “I don’t want to feel like I’m a bad person.”
Don't think you're immune, blue-staters. The Supreme Court is getting ready to gut the Establishment Clause and bring freakazoid authority to every public facility near you.

Read more here: http://www.kentucky.com/news/local/education/article187938144.html#storylink=cpy



Read more here: http://www.kentucky.com/news/local/education/article187938144.html#storylink=cpy

2 comments:

Professor Chaos said...

Holy Fucking Hell!
How the he'll is a public school allowed to host a religious service? This is pretty terrifying.

Ed said...

Before you know it they will be teaching that states exist.