Sunday, September 9, 2012

Another Thing Not Worth Shooting/Getting Shot For

One of the reasons I live so far out in the country you can't see my house from the road is that I cannot abide homeowners' associations.

You know, the little subdivision dictators who have nothing to do all day but go around with measuring sticks and color charts looking for fences an inch too high or siding a half-shade too dark. The ones who ban clotheslines and vegetable gardens and compost piles and rain barrels.

They are fascist motherfuckers and I hate them. So I stay far away from them.

Somebody should have told Mahmoud Hindi to stay away.

Jason Riley at the Courier:

Mahmoud Yousef Hindi complained bitterly in the past year about his neighbors and an attorney for an eastern Jefferson County homeowners association who had alleged he committed zoning violations in building a second driveway and a fence on his property.

Hindi threatened he would “protect the sacred interest of my kids even if it comes to killing and even if I lose my own life in the course of doing so,” according to court records.

SNIP
Hindi, 55, is accused of killing David Merritt, 73, the homeowners association president, and critically injuring a member of the board of directors at a meeting Thursday night.
Not even a homeowner's association director deserves to be shot, and Hindi might have nurtured homicidal anger wherever he lived. But if there's something that incites uncontrollable rage in you, your first responsibility is to take all reasonable measures to avoid that thing.

Although I would bet real money that homeowner's association has no restrictions on gun ownership.

No comments: